Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 29, 2008

I dont have good news. Luckily Jacob is still with us but he's got an infection in his blood (I believe she said yeast?), his poor little heart isnt doing well & because of the blood infection he cannot have surgery, he is having seizures whenever the nurses touch him. She also told me that as of today he has gained 10 oz of fluid because he cannot pee. His brain is swelling, his whole body is swelling. His kidneys are starting to shut down. I know that God does everything for a reason & if he takes this baby he has a reason for it. I'm just praying that Jacob is just not having a good week and that he'll continue to fight for his life. Doctors are telling them that keeping him alive is just prolonging the inevitable. Which I do not believe. I've seen God work miracles. I know if its in his plan he can save this baby. I'm trying to keep her spirit up and tell her she has got to keep her faith in God but its hard. I know it is hard for her, I cannot even imagine being in her shoes but she's got nothin if she doesnt have faith..

3 comments:

krbarrett said...

Jacob is in my prayers as well as his family. I agree 100% God has a plan and we must keep the faith. Let his will be done and continue the power of prayer. God can do amazing things!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your lil man...My cousin had her twins around 5-6 months and I can tell you that it was a roller coaster ride...They are going to be 2 on 4/6...They are healthy and have no effect and no one can tell they were preemies...I pray and so do my kids that is what God's plan is for your lil man...

amandagrass said...

I remember when my baby was in the hospital. I couldn't see him everyday because I have 2 other kids and lived 70 miles away and those days seem to be the toughest. When I would call to check in with his nurses and see what his progress was it seemed to always be the worst news and I would cry. But they do get stronger everyday. Before I knew it they were taking him out of the incubator and taking all the tubes out and off. He will stay in the hospital until around his gestational age but you will get to see how much of a fighter he is. Does your friend have a camera or a video camera? One thing I did a few months ago was make a dvd of all the videos I had took when he was in the hospital and mailed them to family members. It was such a treat to be able to share with others.