Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jacob Daniel Day 1

Jacob Daniel was born on October 16, 2008. He only weighed 1 lb 5 oz and was 12 inches long.

On Oct 15, Brooke had called me telling me she had pressure like pains in her lower abdomen and wanted to know if it was normal. I figured it was just ligament pains. Thats what my doctor had always told me. So I told her to sit down, put her feet up, and rest. If it continued to get worse, call your OBGYN or go to the ER. I remember specifically saying, "Its not like you are in labor or anything." Boy was I wrong!

October 16 0700- I get a phone call from my aunt. They took Brooke's baby. At that point they didnt know whether or not he was going to survive. Turns out she was in labor when she called. Later that night she finally went to the ER. She was dialated to a 7 and by the time her doctor got there she was a 10. Jacob's cord was in a knot. The doctor said that he probably would not survive if they were to do a vaginal birth so they rushed her in for an Emergency C-Section.
1903-Over 12 hours after the birth Brooke has yet to see Jacob. She has been really nauseous & throwing up because of the c-section. Everytime she sits up she gets dizzy so until she can sit up without feeling faint she wont be able to see him. Its really killing her that her baby is in the NICU fighting for his life & she hasnt even been able to see him in person yet. Her boyfriend has takin pictures but its still not the same as seeing your baby for the very first time. I was in my car earlier today & I heard the song called "The Voice of Truth", for those of you who dont know its a Christian song. When the part said, "The voice of truth says do not be afraid." I just bursted out in tears. I had been so afraid and worried for Jacob all day & at the time I really felt like God was talking to me personally. Like he wanted me to know that HE is in charge and that HE has Jacob in his arms. Since then I've not been worried about whether or not he is going to make it.
2331- Brooke finally got to see Jacob! I'm so excited for her. She cried the whole time I talked to her. She said he is the tiniest thing she's ever seen and that if she could hold him he'd fit in the palm of her hand! She said that he hasnt gotten any better, but he's not doing any worse either. I'm still praying so hard that this little man will be alright.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God will do what is right for this baby and his family... if, by chance, He does decide to take little Jacob, then Heaven got a perfect angel. I am praying for Jacob and his momma. I will also have others praying as well.

Tell his momma to hang in there.

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and her baby...I pray that little Jacob will come through this with God's help and loving healing hands.